I never wrote about it, but Nancy & George’s trip here, in February, was enjoyable. We hung out, shopped, watched bits of fuzzy television (we don’t have cable), made drinks, played Life, and took tons of photos. 🙂
I have tickets to see Canadian Stars on Ice in April. I’m excited because figure skating shows very rarely come to my city! Now that we have a brand-new arena, hopefully more shows will occur. I’ll be going with Keesje and a friend of mine.
I have been playing lots of The Sims 2 lately. That means I’ve been busy keeping Simlish updated and in good working order. I love my little Simmies. 🙂
Tax time is here. I have received one out of three T4s. Arrrgh.
Today we had the first real snowfall of winter. I woke up this morning and looked out the window and everything was covered in a layer of white. I am not a fan of snow, nor am I a fan of this particular cold season, but there is something about an expanse of untouched white snow that is beautiful. Snow reminds me of Christmas, which will be here sooner than we think. Luckily I have most of my Christmas shopping finished. I am only waiting on one package for Jordan to arrive in the mail. Now I need to buy some wrapping paper!
Nancy and I have tickets to Canadian Stars On Ice for the Hamilton show in April 2007. I’m very excited as I haven’t been to a show since CSOI in 2005. Plus Marie-France Dubreuil & Patrice Lauzon and Joannie Rochette are now a part of the cast! It’s quite a few months away, but I can’t wait. 🙂
Oh, funny incident. Jordan drove me home this morning before work and as we pulled up to the building we saw this kid slip on the icy pavement and fall down. I kinda laughed and said something along the lines, “Wait til I get out. That will be me!” Sure enough, as I walked behind the truck — WHOOSH — slipped and landed right on my butt! Jordan jumps out of the truck, “Are you okay? All of a sudden you disappeared!” ROFL Oh man, it didn’t hurt too much, but it was pretty funny.
Might be going out for frappuccino’s before work with Laney but only if it’s not freezing rain. It’s snowing but I can’t tell if it’s freezing rain…
Oh the Olympics. Such fun to watch. I hate how CBC shows bits of skating here and there so my tape is full of commercials and hockey and curling and luge and skiing, etc, rather than just the skating. Much congratulations to Xue Shen & Hongbo Zhao for making me close to tears during their long program comeback…it was absolutely beautiful! Aljona Savchenko & Robin Szolkowy also had a great placement (love their programs to death), and I’m very proud of Jessica Dubé & Bryce Davison placing 10th at their first Olympics! I’m also really impressed with Dan Zhang getting up after that horrific fall on their quad throw attempt to continue the program. Looked like it was reallyyyyy painful. Although I’m still not sure if I would have placed them on the podium rather than a clean Pang & Tong…*ponders*
As for the men, today they skate their long programs and I’m rooting for Jeff Buttle and Emanuel Sandhu to pull through and make Canada proud. Ice Dancing compulsories start tomorrow, woohoo! Let’s go, ice dancers! I have way too many teams I’m cheering for: Marie-France Dubreuil & Patrice Lauzon, Albena Denkova & Maxim Staviyski, Margarita Drobiazko & Povilas Vanagas, Oksana Domnina & Maxim Shabalin, Elena Grushina & Ruslan Goncharov, Federica Faiella & Massimo Scali — ICE DANCE RULES! heheheh 😀
Hrm. Maybe I should get in the shower in case we do go out.
I want to thank you guys for being persistant with your comments: Zenith, Stacey, Noelle, Sam, Sebra. I do appreciate each and every one of them, even though it takes me forever to reply. 🙂
Wow, January just flew by! The 2006 Olympic Games are just around the corner. Oh man, the figure skating is gonna rock! I need to make a list of everything to tape. lol
I watched “The Constant Gardener” and “Wedding Crashers” at Jordan’s last night. The first movie was good, but sad. The second one is funny. I’m not sure if I would watch it again but it was amusing at the very least.
Ich bin müde. Have to leave for work soon.
I’m back from Toronto. Of course I had a shit-load of spam comments to delete. That was fun. But not as fun as T.O.! haha I didn’t buy as much as I thought I would, which is good.
I found Tegan & Sara’s first CD, “This Business of Art”, and Jennifer Lopez’s “Rebirth” CD at Sonic Boom for cheap; and I bought Garbage’s “Bleed Like Me” and Kelly Clarkson’s “Breakaway” albums. All great CDs! Bought a pretty hairband. And Angel Food perfume by Demeter at Sephora. OMG that store smelled like heaven. Found “Charmed: Season 1” DVD set for a pretty good price, too. Oh! And a $3 purse that is so adorable and green.
As an early birthday gift Nancy gave me some vanilla cream Lipsmackers, a pretty purple bracelet, and a Dayna Manning t-shirt! Thanks Sha-nay-nay! 😉 Ugh, but on the last day I felt sick all day…I think it was the Pizza Hut pizza…and I still don’t feel well today. I shall leave you with this:
– Nancy threw her umbrella onto a busy street and after it’s rescue she left it on the subway.
– Nancy and I stalked Shae with our cameras at CSOI.
– the bitchy ladies at CSOI got out of their seats 75197532 million times and each time they came the LONG way around, making us move to let them through, rather than going the SHORT way by exiting on their OWN side.
– Nancy spotted Shae’s mom in the audience.
– Shae first appeared on the ice with Jeff Buttle we screamed, “We love you Shae”, and then Keesje added, “It’s okay, we love you too Jeff!”
– Our cameras were in sync during “Who Wants To Live Forever”…We have that program memorized.
– Jamie entertained the audience before the re-takes by practically introducing everyone she knew in the arena, regaled us with her engagement story, and then scooted off the ice at mach speed.
– Kurt had to re-do his program over and over because he kept screwing up.
– Nancy yelled, “We love you Sylvia” when Jamie introduced Sylvia Fontana in the audience.
– Nancy, Keesje, and I were given free blinking HSBC key chains and Keesje got the special one.
– there was only one bottle of Angel Food perfume left at Sephora and I bought it so that Nancy couldn’t.
– We were bored as hell after shopping at the Eaton Centre, so we sat on the fountain and took a gazillion photos of ourselves. And then we took pictures of our Starbucks coffee.
– It rained the entire weekend.
– We ate fluffy strawberry cheesecake at Marché.
– Nancy and I orderd the adult portion of chicken fingers & fries at Marché but couldn’t finish it…We should have ordered the children’s portion for $3 cheaper.
– Nancy and I thought the pasta was $9.99 when it was actually $4.99, which is why we ordered the chicken fingers.
– the Marché waiter hated us cuz of all our dishes.
– Nancy and I couldn’t find the toll booth at King Station.
– Nancy called out for Keesje at Downsview Station…even though Kees hadn’t even arrived on the bus yet.