I had a great time this weekend in Toronto with my Nancy Pants! Went up on the train Thursday afternoon. Did some shopping at Yorkdale that day. Since Friday was a holiday we went to the Pacific Mall in Chinatown because, well, it was open. I think I was the only white girl. lol All we bought there were movies: “The Prestige”, “Little Miss Sunshine”, “The Devil Wears Prada”, “The Holiday”, “Step Up”, and “Take the Lead”.
Friday evening we went out to Red Lobster for dinner with Diane. That was my second time eating there since I was little (and that time I had spaghetti lol). I had some popcorn shrimp and French fries and a tall margarita. Yummy! I met Nancy’s boyfriend George, who seems cool even though he didn’t eat with us. 😛
The next day, Saturday, Nancy and I went shopping for a couple hours at the Eaton Centre, and then after dropping stuff off at her house we went back to Union Station to buy bus tickets for Hamilton. Just under an hour bus ride got us to Hamilton and we found Copps Colliseum for Stars on Ice no problem. The show was alright, not as good as some of the others I have been to, but honestly I was really there just to drool over the loveliness that is Dubreuil & Lauzon and the power that is Shen & Zhao. After the show Nancy got us lost, er, I mean the bus station moved. Yes, that’s it. So we had to find it. That was fun, er, I mean COLD. Got home real late.
Woke up late on Sunday, packed up my stuff, and we watched the terrible farce that is “Blades of Glory”. Oh how I loathe Will Ferrell but I suffered through it because it was about figure skating.
And then I came home. Jordan picked me up from the train station. Dinner was ready when we got to his house. It was yummy but he tried to get me to eat cooked cabbage. Gross. Watched “The Prestige”. Pretty good movie! A couple parts were a bit icky, but I love how the movie was done.
And now for a little “Remember when…” list that Nancy and I love so much:
– my train was late, like usual.
– we ate McDonald’s for breakfast too much.
– we had our first Godiva experience.
– I was the only white girl in Pacific Mall.
– the music store man scammed Nancy!
– we were so excited to get free samples from Fruits & Passion!
– we went body butter crazy at our one true love Sephora.
– we pretended to still be eating at Red Lobster so we could stay longer.
– we loved the Caesar salad at Red Lobster because it was the best we ever had! lol
– everyone had bubble tea and I wanted regular Orange pekoe but it was so expensive for a big pot (only wanted a little cup) and so I drank nasty Toronto tap water.
– Lena and Nancy were being themselves: “What up? What up?” … “Nutting up!”
– Nancy pretended to be Asian with her “peace” sign.
– we wanted to put D&L and S&Z in our pockets.
– Nancy hit the granny in front of her with her purse (accidentally, of course).
– Nancy’s Pepsi kept “travelling”; somehow it ended up two seats down from her.
– we got lost in Hamilton because the bus station got up and moved!
– the PizzaPizza lady in Hamilton didn’t really know much English.
– we were given the WRONG cast lists in our programs!
– I was so against buying four dollar fries and three dollar pop at the concession.
– we got bubbles when we left Copps Coliseum.
– Nancy got pulled into another dimension … she has proof! lol
– I went underwear crazy. And Nancy went bra crazy.
– Nancy gave money to the homeless guy.
– we actually watched Blades of Glory.